Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Nov 15, 2007

A Milestone

We have reached a major milestone.  E is now 20 weeks pregnant.  We are halfway there and I could not be more excited.  I think we'll go out to celebrate, at the very least go out and look at more baby stuff, you can never get enough of that.  E's younger sister is pregnant too, due on the same day, and she had her ultrasound yesterday--it's a boy.  Now, I'm not very patient, I have been counting down to our own ultrasound and have also resorted to lying in order to try and get the ultrasound sooner, before thanksgiving.  My attempts have been futile, the first time I simply asked for a reschedule, but nothing was available-yesterday I called and lied and said that we would be away and would therefore need to have the ultrasound before thanksgiving-still fruitless.  So, looks like I am going to have to learn to be patient, 11 days is not a long way to go right?  Then there is the matter of the babys sex, if old wives tales and E's mum is to be believed, our baby is a girl.  Everything about E's belly and pregnancy is the opposite of her sisters so I am inclined to think that we are having the opposite. So, in 11 days I'll be broke because I have placed numerous bets on this.  This pregnancy has turned me into a liar, and a gambler and now it seems a late night blogger.  So here we are, counting down and excited and praying the baby does not cross it's legs--according to E's sister drinking lots of water prevents this, I'm not taking any chances so E prepare to stay quenched on the eve of the ultrasound.