We did it!! 12:30pm today, took 10 minutes for the doctor to adjust/curve the catheter and to squirt the sperm. The sperm count is good, they are swimming as per the doctor and E's values are at the peak, so...we are optimistic. We go back in a week for a progesterone level check and in two weeks for a pregnancy test. Two weeks to go and I can hardly wait.
After a five minute rest, we left, had lunch, went to the bookstore to look at baby books, and could not find a single gay parenting book so I have to try Amazon, we did find a cute calendar "countdown to my birth" which kinda details the babys life from conception to birth. I also bought todays Philadelphia Inquirer and Metro Newspapers so years later this child will know what the news stories were on the sorta day of their conception. It was not the headlines I was hoping for, certainly not "Al Qaeda as strong as ever" and "Igot struck by lightning".
Thus ends AI day, I'm very excited, maybe a little bit too excited, E is cautious.