Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

May 26, 2007

Sometime last night

Disappointment!!!!
We were at the doctors today, 6:50am. At 7:30am (this time after drinking juice all night) E had her blood drawn, and it was all done on the first try.
We got home and slept all morning and then woke up at 1pm to call the lab. results number and then DISAPPOINTMENT!!!!!!Her estrogen had dropped to 50 from 165 yesterday, LH dropped to 5.4 and progesterone rose to 4.8, and apparently what all this means is that sometime between 7:30am yesterday and 7:30am today she ovulated, sometime yesterday between watching TV and talking and working she ovulated. So, we have to wait until next month, and go back again for the prodding and the sticking. She apparently ovulates on the early side and they will therefore have to start monitoring her earlier in the cycle. She cried, I was disappointed, it's our first obstacle, I think if we had tried this time and failed to get pregnant it would have been a bigger disappointment than a missed ovulation.
Next month we are taking a short vacation, just around the same time that her next cycle starts. Hopefully, everything will wait until after the trip. We are still optimistic, I never thought it would be easy, at least lately I haven't.