Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

May 25, 2007

5/25/07

The big day came and went, E left work early not by choice (they closed early), we dont have a car now and since public transportation is so very unreliable and definitely proved so last night she had to take a cab home. These are the times I feel we need a car.
So ... in true fashion E suggested we leave earlier than I had planned, which it turns was a brilliant idea. When we arrived about 5 other people were already there, ahead of us and that was 6:50am.

This is how the rest of the day advanced

~7:15am E is called in for the intravaginal ultrasound. Took a little bit over 5 minutes, she was crampy after the procedure, but other than that did not appear to be in pain. (apparently the follicles are the dark spots on the screen)

~7:20am E is called in for blood draw, and just as I expected nothing came out of her first arm, they tried the second one and were successful. YEAH!!! I must admit we were not prepared, from past experiences we should have known that she needed to drink plenty of fluids before the blood draw, but we were in a hurry, no shops were open (excuses, excuses). I could tell E was frustrated and so was I since we had to get the blood drawn today and in the morning.

~7:30am All done

7:30am-2pm WAITING, not so patiently

2:01pm Called the automated lab call number (a very nifty idea) to hear our prerecorded message, in summary we are not quite there yet. E will have to go back tomorrow and get more blood drawn to check her estrogen levels again.

~3:00pm I called CLI to place a 10 day 10 vial hold on our choice donor--at this point I am not sure how many more vials we will need now and in the future (for the planned second baby) but better safe than sorry. By June 8th we have to decide how many of these vials we will use and buy them for storage (Cost $2600, with $360 for a years storage).

I admit we are a little bit frustrated by the results, we were hoping everything was a go, it's not too late for a Sunday insemination, so we are still optimistic. Still optimistic.