The Republican presidential debate was on last night and I missed it (not sorry) This was a republican debate so I was not expecting anything positive. Well, if I had watched it I would have heard Tommy Thompson (considered a moderate) saying yes it would be ok for a private employer to fire an employee because he/she was gay. Today he (Thompson) said he did not quite hear the question mmmhhhh.
I am one of those people that don't think it's possible to be gay and republican. I have noticed that I tend to support candidates based solely on their view on gay marriage. It seems to me though that all candidates want to sit right with everyone and none would ever come out publicly to voice support for gay marriage whether they be democrat or moderate republican.
I have considered moving to Canada, but E would never agree to it, and it would be a difficult move, it would be hard financially and we don't have any family or friends there. Unfortunately, I think by the time gay marriage is legal I will be old, VERY old, but I hope I'm wrong.