Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

May 18, 2007

Keep it in the closet

I'm an aunt!!! finally, can't wait to see pictures of the little man. This is my mums first grandchild, she doesn't even know about E and I let alone the fact that we are trying to start a family. Half my family knows I'm gay, the other half doesn't--denial is a good thing. This has been a big issue between E and I. Now that we're planning on starting a family I'm going to have to do the inevitable--tell my family and the coworkers that do not know but probably suspect. Everyone in E's family know, all her coworkers know, I wish it was as easy for me as it is for her. I tell her that the cultural differences play a part, I come from a hypocritical culture and country that does not have a word for gay, where it's a crime because homosexuality is immoral yet we have a large population of people with AIDS (heterosexually transmitted), a corrupt government etc. So, coming from that viewpoint, I am not sure what kind of reaction my coming out would elicit from my mother and brother that still live there.