
E and I have been together 3 years (well it will be 3 years this June, not counting the "dating" period). Along with happiness came weight, I put on more weight than she did, and I keep on adding the pounds. It actually wasn't until 1 year in our relationship that she started putting on weight. I am not at all comfortable with the weight, I think I'm lazier and its frustrating trying clothes at the store. I have clothes for every size from when I weighed 125lbs to now, so I guess as I lose weight I wont need to shop.
At the meeting with the ob/gyn at the fertility institute they said it would be easier for E to get pregnant if she lost weight. We know its better to be at a healthy weight before trying out but E (and I) are ready to go. Well, we went to the gym today after being absent for heaven knows how long, the gym looked totally new, new paint, new entrance (it has been a while, even though this could have been done in a week). We have had this membership for about two years with sporadic attendance. We are trying to be disciplined, atleast stick to this for 21 days, apparently that's how long it takes to develop a habit. We figured while we wait for the test results and clearance to move ahead, E could lose a few pounds. She tries more than I do, in everything, she is more disciplined, sometimes I think even more mature. I'm older and should be wiser, yeah right!!
At the meeting with the ob/gyn at the fertility institute they said it would be easier for E to get pregnant if she lost weight. We know its better to be at a healthy weight before trying out but E (and I) are ready to go. Well, we went to the gym today after being absent for heaven knows how long, the gym looked totally new, new paint, new entrance (it has been a while, even though this could have been done in a week). We have had this membership for about two years with sporadic attendance. We are trying to be disciplined, atleast stick to this for 21 days, apparently that's how long it takes to develop a habit. We figured while we wait for the test results and clearance to move ahead, E could lose a few pounds. She tries more than I do, in everything, she is more disciplined, sometimes I think even more mature. I'm older and should be wiser, yeah right!!