Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Apr 30, 2007

Half siblings

I mentioned earlier in the blog about looking at the donor sibling registry. I have been thinking about it, and while E and I havent fully discussed it, I think I would be ok with our children knowing who the donor,whether that is an id consent donor or whether they find this out on the registry. One of our top picks has atleast three kids, as per the registry, we havent even conceived but our kids might already have half siblings out there. I feel our child/ren knowing the donor/father would not take away from us as parents, there is still some insecurity and uncertainty but I think a child should have that right, I think, I'm still grappling with the issue. I have a half brother that I didnt even know existed until I was 28, I have had no contact with him, I dont know his name or what he looks like and I have no interest in knowing either. Just because there is that biological connection, to me, doesnt mean that we have to have a relationship but I can change my mind, it's upto me. .. so I guess we should give our kids that option?