Yesterday was a long day. I called the doctor as planned and left a message, they called E back and talked to her. She had been throwing up and since she had not been able to keep any food down in the last 24 hours they told her to get to an ER and get IV and then call back. So, I left work at noon to take her to the hospital---with the intention of getting back to work later in the afternoon. Now, this is not my first visit to an ER so I don't know why I thought we would be in and out. Well, it turns out everyone in Philly picked the same day to either break a leg or cut off a finger--there were so many "more severe" cases that we ended up sitting and waiting for 5 hours before we were able to see a doctor. E was throwing up and spitting and I was getting irritated that they had her waiting for so long, to me this was severe--she is a pregnant woman that has not eaten, that is getting weaker and that was top priority. I think it would have been so simple to call her in, set up the IV and have that running while they attend to other patients.
In the end we saw a doctor, she got 2 liters of salt and sugar, more anti-nausea meds and still threw up right after we left. That was 12:30am--unbelievable, whatever does emergency mean.
Today, she is still throwing up. The nurse called and suggested that she eat only steamed and baked food, fruits, veggies and vitamin B6. She is upstairs sleeping, I don't like seeing her this way and I hope and pray that the first trimester will bring an end to the illness--that's next week.