I had reserved 10 vials of our donor just before memorial day. We want to use the same donor for our second pregnancy and after our initial 3 vial purchase there were 16 left, so I put a 10 day hold on 10, but that was with the assumption that we would know if E's first AI procedure was successful or not within those 10 days and from there figure out how many more vials we would need. June 8th came and passed and the hold was removed. So far we have not tried, we missed the first ovulation, because her cycle is shorter than we had anticipated, and the second ovulation because we were away on vacation.
As far as I knew, the 16vials were the only ICI units available for the donor, and that was what the Cryobank told me. We come back from Vegas and I decided to check just to be sure the donor was still available (I have nightmares that all vials have been bought and we have just the three that we bought). Well, this time it showed that the donor had atleast 20 ICI vials, the "C" please call was now "Y" yes which means he has atleast 20 vials. Very exciting for us, less pressure, we cabn now buy the vials over time but...I'm not sure why the cryobank told me they had no units in quarantine or whatever for this donor. Did they not understand my question?