Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

May 8, 2007

Nutter Love

Michael Nutter all the way!!!, why? because he was at last years black gay pride?well, yes , partly. The real reason though is his response/stand on the three issues that bug me about philly.
1)The proposed casinos (esp Foxwoods)-- which I AM GREATLY OPPOSED TO"Democratic mayoral candidates ... and Michael A. Nutter last night pledged to work for passage of a city ballot measure asking voters to ban casinos from residential neighborhoods."Philadelphia Inquirer March 07, update: A Supreme Court injunction has since been passed against the casino referendum--this measure has since been removed. The fight continues!!!
2)PHILADELPHIA PUBLIC SCHOOLS -- GRAVELY CONCERNED--Nutter is the only one of the candidates that has a child in a philadelphia public school.
3)The high homicide rate--all candidates, as expected, have a solution to this problem. Nutters plan to declare a crime emergency and a "stop and frisk" procedure is considered extreme, maybe,but dont extreme times require extreme measures?
We'll see what happens May 15th.

I have a two word solution to this problem come May 15th and I am not happy with the outcome, it's called New Jersey.