Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

May 24, 2007

Disconnection Blues

I'm back online after two days of being separated from the WWW, and it feels like a century, internet connection is an addiction--even though I have web access at work, I dont really use it except to check email. It feels good to be back online , for now, until that DSL light starts flashing. I called Verizon Phone to fix the problem. They confirmed that there is a problem with our phone line (I'm not imagining that loud crackling noise ). Unfortunately for us, if the problem is inside the house, we will have to pay for the total cost of repair (billed hourly + cost of tools????) -- Ridiculous!!!!, and a total rip off. So, I have to try and see if I can replace the phone jack (the only part really that is in the house) and if the problem persists call them. Ridiculous!!!!

DSL down!!!!!! I have to do this offline and save it

Tomorrow is the big day, Sunday the bigger day. Ofcourse since our car is dead we have to rely on public transportation. E has to take three buses from work, I take one, and we have to be there by 7am, or thereabouts and it's first come, first served. Then we make a call in the afternoon to get the test results and if it's a go, then Sunday is a go. Incidentally, tomorrow is also exactly a month since our first appointment at the Institute.

My mood today: optimistic/anticipatory/happy/cautious